Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Owen's Graduation


Today was Owen's Preschool Graduation. Mrs. K had a great program for all us proud Parents. It was so fun to see all the wonderful things she has taught our kids. She asked all the kids to tell us what they wanted to be and Owen said he wanted to be a Knight in Shining Armor. I wonder what the pay scale for that job is? I am so excited that Owen is going to Kindergarten next year but so sad that he wont have Mrs. K as a teacher anymore. She is great I owe Owen's smartness to her. I sat and cried like a baby through the whole program I wasnt alone I had a great teacher of tears with me thanks Mom, you would have thought we were at a funeral. I just love how much she cares for these kids and how much she enjoys teaching. Owen loves her and will be so sad when he realizes that she really won't be at Kindergarten.
Doesn't he look so dang cute in his Cap and Gown!!

Here he is the proud holder of his Pre-Kindergarten Certificate with Mrs. K. She also did awards for the kids. Last year Owen got the "Smarter than Mrs. K " Award and this year he got the "Rocket Scientist" award. She said he has question for everything. That's my boy!! His prize was a Rocket. Owen is obsessed with rockets he was happy to receive that.

Here he is Mr. Happy himself with Calvin, Kai and Jackson

Two peas in a pod. These two boys just loved being in school together for the past 2 years. Owen keeps asking if Kai will be at kindergarten. They played so great together I am glad he has became such good friends with him and hopefully he will find some else that is just as great next year.

Mrs. K thanks again for another great year. I am sure you will go down in history in Owen's eye's. You are wonderful we will miss you!!

I am really proud of Owen and what he has accomplished over the past 2 years. I know that it is just preschool but I think he did such a great job. I love you buddy, I am proud to be your Mom and blessed you picked me!!

5 comments:

bekki said...

That is such a cute picture of Owen. He looks so grown up you should be very proud of him. I wonder too how much a knight makes. Hope it is a lot

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Owen! That's a big deal! I loved to read that you cried at the ceremony. Or should I say through the entire ceremony! :) I cry over that stuff all the time and feel like such a cheese head about it!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

YAY! Sounds like something I would do. Ball through the whole ceremony! I am so happy you get to have a break from the schedule too now though. I am sure it will be a nice change!

Go OWEN!

Taya said...

I am the hugest cry baby of them all and if you see me wearing my black sunglasses inside or at night it is usually a sign!!! Kev knows if he comes home and this is the chosen "look" it's something going on! Owen looks so adorable in his little cap and gown! It seems like you really liked his preschool and I'll have their info from ya! Now it's Kindergarten huh!!! You will love it and so will he. Congrats to the graduate!!! You are such a great Mom Mel!!!

Shauna said...

I think Owen might be the cutest little boy in the world! Way to go big guy...now on to the big league. (so on a side note... i can't believe that they actually where caps and gowns at preschool graduation; i mean seriously? )