Monday, May 19, 2008

A Garden?

(Warning: This post you may think is full of bragging but that is a Mothers right!)
Stewart and I have been very undecided with what we should do with Owen next year for school. He misses the cut off date for Kindergarten by 1 week. He has already had 2 years of Preschool with the BEST teacher out there, we kinda thought 3 years would be over kill. After talking to his teacher and each other we decided to test him to see if he could even go early. I took him on Saturday for the testing and they called me this morning to tell us he got in. They asked him a total of 90 questions. He had to write his alphabet lower and upper case, know the sounds off all the letters, count to 50, write his numbers, write his name first and last, pattern things, color, recognize and draw his shapes and cut things out. He got 89 correct apparently Owen is not the best Diamond drawer which seems a little weird to me that they would even have him draw a diamond but Whatever he is clearly ready for Kindergarten with only missing one and he will not be a Diamond Designer when he grows up. I am so proud of him. He did such a good job, he is such a smart little boy and loves school. He did however inform us that we need to build a garden now, I asked way and he said " MOM I am going to Kinder Garden" I guess that wasn't one of the questions of the test. :) We are excited for him to be able to go to school with his friends from church and he is so excited to be able to ride the bus. Yeah for him, and for me, no more driving to school. :) So you may wonder, where does the brains come from? Well duh me of course. :) (not)

7 comments:

Shauna said...

girl you Brag all you want, that's amazing. I guess you must be doing something right huh? maybe since he did so well on his test you'll lay off the doorknob threats for tonight! hee hee hee. love ya

Julie said...

Congratulations on raising a child prodogy! The garden statement is so cute - what an amazing kid. And you were worried about putting him in too early.....

bekki said...

Oh come on you knew he would get in. You should be able to brag about your own children on your own blog. Isn't that what it is for? I'm so proud of the big boy very exciting. Now you really should go plant a garden.

Taya said...

Yeahhhhh Owen!!!!

haley said...

Your kids are so cute, and apparently SMART! I am glad I have finally gotten to see them! Now we can keep in touch a little more than just the bi-annual phone call!

Jenni said...

I'm so proud of Owen, although I am sad that he and Maili won't ever be able to be in the same preschool class. But I think that would have felt like a special ed class for him! :)
YAY for KINDGER GARDEN! And for buses!
What a smart boy! :)

Aimee's Family Journal said...

You are right. I totally did miss this post! Too cute! I had so much fun last night!