Friday, May 23, 2008

The Big 21!!

Today is my Brother Jason's Birthday. He turned the big 21!! Jason and I are 9 years apart so most of my memories of him are from childhood. Jason was born into a family of 4 girls. We were all so excited when we were finally going to have a brother. However the poor kid got abused by his 4 older sisters. Jason has very thick curly hair (just like Owen) so when it got longer he looked like a little girl. We would dress him up in our clothes, put our Cabbage Patch Kids pink glasses on him and call him Jessica. This routine happened quite often until he was old enough to understand what we were doing to him. Then the nick name sort legs (cuz he was sooo tall) or JB Dums came into play. When he was young he had a hard time saying his name and we called him JB sort for Jason Blake and Dum was his way of saying Adams. When we were younger my parents had a boat we would go to Lake Powell all the time. It was around the sametime Shania Twain was popular and I remember him sitting at the front of the boat singing "I feel like a Women" he can always make people laugh with joking personality. He was such a great sport and put up with all the torture of his sisters. Growing up Jason was such a protector of his Mom and Sisters, even though he was considerably younger then us he would stand up to any one. I remember my senior year my sister Stacy got married and at her wedding one of the Grooms Men wouldn't leave me alone, Jason walked right up to him and told him to leave me alone or he was going to have to deal with him, let me remind you that he was only like 9 years and this guys was probably about 20. He has always been the one to defend people, wether it be the shy, not so popular kid at school or his family you could always count on him. Jason looks so much like Adam Sandler, my family loves to watch any movie with him in it, sometime his personalities are even the same. Jason always brings a smile to my face he can lite up the room with his contagious smile. He gives the best Bear Hugs, he is about 6'4 and when he wraps his arms around you its like being hugged by a cuddly bear. Jason holds a very special spot in my heart. He is my only Brother and someone that I love dearly. Ever since Owen was a baby he and Jason had a great connection. Owen talks about his Uncle Jason all the time and misses him. We haven't had much contact with Jason over the past year or so, but not a day goes by that I don't think about him.
This is a picture of Owen ,Uncle Jason, and Ashlee on Christmas Eve. Owen was so excited to see himI love this picture of Owen and Jason. This picture was taken like 3 years ago at my Moms house. When ever Owen looks at this picture he says "Uncle Jason is laying on top of the water asleep with me on his belly, how did he do that?" Owen thinks he has some Super Hero Powers or something.


I don't even know if Jason reads this blog but, on the off chance that he does I just want him to know how much I care about him. Where ever you find yourself on this special day I hope you are happy healthy and safe. I hope you know how much we all love and miss you. I have great childhood memories of you but some adult ones would be great too. Hold your head up high, you are a great person have a great day. Lots of Love from your Big Sis!!
Happy Birthday Brother

6 comments:

bekki said...

Mel That was awesome. You even made me cry. What a great big sis you are. I have a memory also of my brother dressing him up like a girl what is it that we think we need to dress our brothers like girls. Maybe we just love to torture them. i think i will stick with that one.
I hope your brother does have a great day on his special day.

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Thanks Big Sis everything you said is true. But this is the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks you made me cry.
Love the Mother of the Birthday Boy

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Mel! He knows! It wont be long I am sure!

Jen & Blake said...

I can relate, these poor guys that are raised with all girls...their wives will thank us someday right? And I loved your hair color post! It looked like tons of fun and I am sure it turned out great! Hope your weekend is fun:)

Jenni said...

Okay, that totally brought tears to my eyes...I SURE hope he reads this. And like Bekki said, we also dressed up our brothers up as girls, especially Justin. We even put a green bra on him once. HA HA!
You're such a great sister, Mel. Jason couldn't ask for a more loving family! :)

Julie said...

I remember asking Jason to teach me to play a song on the guitar. He was probably 14 or 15 at the time and I was horrible! He's a great kid. He was taught well and he knows what's most important. Just keep loving him and he'll find his way.