Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bye Bye Training Wheels

Owen out grew his little boy bike so we got him a big boy bike about a month ago. Ever since we got it Stewart has been trying to convince Owen to take off the training wheels, after lots of tears and fights between them (but mostly between mom and dad) Stewart finally backed off. Yesterday Owen came running in from outside telling me he was ready to ride on 2 wheels after realizing that it was actually his choice not Dad's,the training wheels came off. He was gone. He did so good.
Here he is cruising down the street like a Pro
Owen hates to wear his helmet he says it makes his head itchy, but now he doesn't have a choice, plus I think he looks so cute in it. Owen has some crazy obsession with Kick Stands or Kick Sticks is what he calls them. He has been begging and pleading for one. We told him he could have one has soon as he rode on two wheels. The instant he rode by himself he was reminding us of the deal. So off the Target we went. He was so excited to have the Kick Stand he had to have kicked it up and down at least 100 times. I didnt realize they were such a hot commodity. Here is with his new bike no training wheels and a kick stand.
I feel like my baby is growing up way to fast before I know it he is going to be asking to borrow the car! HAAAA
He is now trying to convince us that he is ready to ride to Safeway, I am thinking Not!! Some more practice first then we can do the 2.5 miles again. Good work Son I am proud of you.

8 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

O....The picture riding away down the street all by himself really bothers me. Where did my baby go.
Love,G'ma

Taya said...

Sooooo cute! He does look very big riding all by himself with no training wheels. Madison is 7 and still doesn't know how to ride without them. I have failed as a parent!!!

bekki said...

Yeah i'm so proud of Owen. What a big boy he is. Isn't it sad to see them grow up so fast. Enjoy the moments.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

WAY TO GO!! I freak out about him stopping and checking both ways! I am sure it wont be long?

Shauna said...

that's great Owen! what a big boy you are, and tell daddy to chill out. my maddie still hasn't figured out pedaling yet...heck, she may just be 18 when the training wheels come off!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

HEY! THANKS FOR THE FUN TONIGHT!

thewylerfamily said...

Thats AWESOME!! Great job Owen! What a cute guy.

Heidi said...

Hey Mel, So glad I finally got an invite. I clicked on your blog the other day and was surprised I couldn't get on. I meant to send you an email, but got distracted. Your boys are SO adorable!!!!!