Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Mom

I love Mother's Day not because I am a Mother myself but because it is the one day that you can say all the wonderful things about your Mom and not look weird for doing it.
My mom is such a wonderful person. I have learned so much from her. Here are some fun and factual things about My Mommy:

* She always puts everyone Else's needs in front of her own

* She is a good listener

* She is a perfectionist, I remember as a kid going shopping with her and if we wanted to buy something with stripes she had to make sure the stripes were lined up perfectly from front to back.

* She is a great cook

* She is Awesome with the sewing machine. When I was pregnant with Ethan 2 of my sisters were pregnant too, and every time I talked to my mom she was sewing something for the new babies. She made blankets, bibs, burp cloths, etc.

* She loves to spoil the grand kids, theres a gift for every occasion, and there are gifts for no occasion

*She loves the Gospel and is a great example of it

*She cried when Brooke White got kicked off of American Idol :)

*Shes the only person I can text at midnight and get a response within minutes

* She loves her Kids and would do ANYTHING for them

*She had her parents and two brothers living with her and my Dad, all at the same time and never complained. So if your looking for a place to live there new motto is Mi Casa es Su Casa""
*She is responsible for this:

*She gives SONIC workers Christmas presents
*She's Forgiving

*Every morning she makes 2 drinks when she gets up, 1 water and 1 Diet Coke. If there was a shortage of Diet Coke we would have a SERIOUS problem

*She loves Black licorice

*She is kind, loving, compassionate, giving the list could go on and on but I think you get my point. I love my Mom and am so grateful she is in my life.

Thanks for being so good to me and my family. We all love you very much. Your selfless acts don't go unnoticed.

Happy Mother's Day Mom

5 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Melanie you are to kind but one thing you got right is I LOVE MY FAMILY. ALL OF YOU, GOOD AND BAD. No conditions attached. Thanks for the kind words,
Love, Mom

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

O! You are so funny. It would have been just fine without the add on's

bekki said...

Mel- I thinkyou are a great daughter. Love the post. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you right now and i am wondering if you rent her out?

Jenni said...

Wow, Mel! I missed a few days of blogging and I've missed a whole lot of your life! I LOVE the new blog design! And I love this post about your mom. Apparently, we all had the same idea! Yay for awesome moms!

Lynsey said...

I think my favorite is the sonic part, what you should have said was....she makes a friend everywhere she goes!! Mom is the best:)I hope you had a great mommys day, your kiddos are lucky to have you for there mommy:)