Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fathers and Sons

This weekend was Fathers & Sons for our ward, due to the weather it got canceled. Owen was already so excited to go so Stewart decided to take him in spite of the weather. They left at 12 on Friday, when Ethan realized he wasn't going I think he about lost him mind. He stood at the back door and cried saying "me go Da Da" it was so sad.
This is Ethan in the Living room looking out the window, he spent the last 2 days there looking for his Dad and Brother. He kept yelling "Da Da, Owa (sort for Owen)

They went with Ray and Noah and Some other men from the ward they had a blast. Stewart said it only sprinkled and that the kids loved playing in all the puddles of water. They took them on hikes, played in mud, ate junk food, made fires and BBQ. What more could a little boy ask for.

Here's Stewart and Owen
Noah and Owen acting silly of course
Owen playing in the puddles of water in his new fancy rain boots

Owen and Noah
My cute little Camper
Apparently Owen was too interested in cooking that he didn't eat his own dinner. Stewart said he woke up at 3 am gaging because he was hungry, a couple of granola bars and he was back asleep. Crazy Kid
This pictures scares me just looking at it. Stewart said he was very daring in wanting to look off the cliffs and rocks.
What great trip for them. I am so glad Stewart is such a great Dad and took him in spite of the rain. They had a good time. I cant believe how much I missed having them around and Ethan was completely lost with out them , My house was clean and quite but I couldn't wait for them to get home. I am glad you had fun but even happier you home safe and sound.

7 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Looks like fun! Those are the socks that go directly to the trash. This is not end of May weather.Gotta luv it.
Love G'ma

Taya said...

That's awesome that they went anyway! It looks like fun and who doesn't love to play in the rain when you're a kid????!!!!

brent said...

Mel, those are cute cute pics...looks like they had a great time. I love camping...the pics make me wanna go make a smore or something. (there i go, right back to the food..outta control i tell ya!) have a fun memorial day. love ya

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Hook me up with some pictures. I love my husband, however, he is not too bright, and forgot our camera!

Hope Stewart is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

How fun! You are such a nice mom for letting your boys go out in the muddy, rainy weather! I was so happy when the trip got cancelled because all I could think about was the mud that would be dragged back down the mountain! :) Looks like Owen had a blast. The sad picture of Ethan tugged at my heart strings though. It's tough being the baby sometimes!

bekki said...

I must say Ethan looks very cute crying. Looks like the boys had a blast in the rain.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

hey Stuart. Our Tee Time this saturday is at 630 am at Toka Sticks. $25. see you there.

Ray