Sunday, June 29, 2008

Glad the day is OVER

I am here to tell you all I have conquered a fear. Stewart and I last week were asked to speak in church today. I have been stressing out, losing sleep over it, breaking out in zits, , and on Friday all relational thoughts went flying out the window when I set down to type up my talk. I did not want to do it and I was almost mad that I had too, no lets be honest I was mad. It has been at least 6 years since I spoke in church. Somehow we have slipped under the radar and have gotten out of it, probable because we are short, small, quite people :). I was so nervous I even contemplated running out of sacrament meeting but Stewart said that it would leave a lasting impression on everyone and not a good one. So I decided to suck it up and do it. My children were sitting with my Mom and Dad and from our view they were acting like perfect angels, however my Dad did say that Ethan was driving him nuts towards the end because he wouldn't stop saying "Ma ma, Da da" welcome to my world Dad. I don't know how you and Mom did it with 5 kids you must have been highly medicated :) Anyways back to the talk, I did it and I think it went well, I didn't lose my place, my knees to buckle and fall, I didn't swear or say pissed (my mom was so worried about that one) in the microphone, and most importantly I didn't sound like a blubbering mess. I am just glad that it is OVER, I hope I said something meaningful and the best part now is that I have another 6 years before I have to do it again :) Stewart did a good job and he wrote his talk this morning before church whats up with that. Thanks Mom and Dad for coming and supporting us and taking care of our kids. We love you.

8 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

You both did a great job. We were proud! I told Dad next time he say's one of his grandkid's are "DRIVING HIM NUTS" he needs to be more quiet about it so someone doesn't tell on him. Tell Amy Dad use to think she was nice :)
Love, Mom

Jenni said...

You did a FABULOUS job...and it was something I totally needed to hear - so SEE, you did touch someone!
I have zits too, what is up with that? I'm just a mess!
And, I'm so proud of you for not swearing into the microphone! HeHe!

Shauna said...

hey there, tell me about it...brent and i had to speak on SELF ESYEEM (of all things) a couple weeks ago. i felt like telling them, "hey what do i know...i just had a baby and am about ready to jump off a cliff cause i feel fat, ugly and have a horrible hair cut." i thought about it, but then decided against it. lol love ya.

bekki said...

You did an awesome job. I was very proud of you. And i'm sure it won't be another 6 years I bet maybe 6 months because you did such a great job. Maybe you could even teach relief society?

Amber said...

Short, small, quite people???? Yeah right!!!! :-) Want to know how Thad gets us out of talking in church? He fixed a water leak at the 1st counselors house and told him he wouldn't charge him he just couldn't ask us to speak in church for two years. You know Thad so you know I'm not kidding :-) I'm sure your talk was fabulous!!!!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Complainer! You did a great job. All that was a flat out lie. You could have done that in your sleep!


=0)

Clint said...

For all your stressing... it wasn't needed. You were fantastic! and I couldn't even tell you were nervous. Great job! lawana

Jen & Blake said...

way 2 go! this is never fun, but always a time to learn. i only sadi no 1 time to something church related...speaking when i was 8 months prego in the az summer! what were they thinking!