Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Owen's Play group

Owen informed me the other day that "Staying home everyday is boring" so I decide to start up a play group. It is just 4 little boys in the neighborhood that are Owen's age. We are doing it 2 days a week for 2 hrs. for the summer. We started today and it was at our house. The boys had so much fun. They played outside, made a gift for their Dad's for Fathers day, decorated cupcakes and played in the toy room. They all got along so well. It was fun to have them here.
Here they are on the Teeter Totter. Owen is always asking to have someone over to play on it with him and today he had 3 friends on it. He thought he was in Heaven
(Rhett, Owen, Ryan, Noah)Here they are with their nicely decorated, over sprinkled, over frosted,
M & M cup cakes
(Rhett, Ryan, Noah, Owen)
Ethan had to join in the fun too, by the looks of he face he sure enjoyed it
It was fun to have them here. I am excited we are doing this. Hopefully now Owen won't think I am so Boring!!


10 comments:

bekki said...

I think it's great you are having a play group for Owen. I think you should have one for just you and Sailor. She keeps telling me to braid her her like you did the other night. Which by the way i as able to do but comeon i am not going to do it everyday.

Melanie said...

Bek I would have a play date with Sailor anyday!!

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

OK Melanie....Ethan continues to bring back so many memories of someone I once raised??????
Mom

Lynsey said...

I love the random pictures, I think Ethans are the best, Im trying to decide if any of the cup cake actually made it into his mouth!!! What a fun playdate, we need to have a cousin playdate or I will be crawling the walls all summer:)

Julie said...

What a funny boy "Staying home is boring"..... and what a great idea. I need to start a playgroup in my neighborhood up here. BTW, I think I'll have to scan in and post some pictures from "back in the day" at King Henry. I came across some doing the blog for Megan's birthday and they made me smile - even though, well never mind (you know what I would say). I'll let you know if I ever get around to it.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

They had so much fun! Noah is so excited for today!

Wasn't this on the DL?

haley said...

Very cute! I love seeing your kids and getting updates of how life is going. Hang in there, the road will be long but worth it in the end! You always have kids to keep you entertained right??

Jenni said...

I love the pic of Ethan and the cupcake, that is ADORABLE. Hm, I'm kinda craving cupcakes at the moment, now that I think of it. I'm glad that Owen has so many cute friends! :)
And Sailor's hair looks darling with the braid - you'll have to teach me how to do Maili's!

Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea! You are such a super mom for thinking of fun stuff like that! Next time you make cupcakes can I be invited to the play group? :)

Debbie said...

Ok, so can I just tell you that your boys are so "stinkin" cute!!! It's sometimes hard to tell just from pictures but Owen looks like he favors you and Ethan looks more like Stewart. What fun to see pictures of your family and all of the fun things that you are up to. We love you guys!