Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today is My Dad's birthday. We gave him some new sunglasses for his special day. My Dad is such a wonderful person, Dad, Grandpa, Father in Law, Husband, Role Model, and Friend. There are so many fun memories of my Dad and so many funny things about him so here are a few:


* He loves, and I mean LOVES to golf, Owen thinks golfing is grandpa's Job

* For family home evening one night growing up my parents took us to Dairy Queen for Ice cream, me and my sisters didn't finish ours, so my dad did. Yes, All 4 of them plus his own and every stop light on the way home my dad was opening his door and throwing up. We all thought it was so funny and we have yet to let him live it down.

* My Dad is OCD when it comes to food. His food can't touch each other on the plate. He hates things stirred, if the meal looks ugly he has a hard time eating it, and he will never use the same fork on more then one item of food. Owen is the same way it makes me crazy!!

* He was ALWAYS the person we would go to if we needed money growing up. My Mom would dig out the change on the bottom of her purse and my Dad would give us $20.00 and ask if we needed more.

* He loves the Lord. He has served many numerous callings in the church and is a great example to me and my family.

* He loves his family and has proven that over the years, there isn't anything he wouldn't do for us. He has sacrificed his own freedom and Happiness for his children

* He gives the best advice, even if it's not what you want to hear, he is honest with you.

* He says I am his Favorite Daughter, it always makes me smile even though I know he says the same thing to my sister's.

* He has been a great Father in Law to my Husband, I am truly grateful for that.

* He loves my Mom so much, I remember growing up my Dad would always say "I hope someday you all find a spouse 1/2 as wonderful as your Mom"

* He is a hard worker, he doesn't take no for an answer, and if he wants something he won't give up until he gets it. I always joke and say "I have the Adams blood in me, so watch out"

* He is a Son, Husband, Father, Father in Law, & Grandpa of 2 Wonderful parents, 1 Lucky Lady, 4 Great Daughters, 1 good looking Son, 4 loving Son in Laws, & 9 Busy Grand kids who adore him. Who could ask for more.

I love you Dad, thanks for everything you have done and continue to do for me and my family. Your selfless acts don't go unnoticed. Thanks for being my Dad and putting up with me durning my not so pleasant years (I know hard to believe). You are loved by many.


My Dad shares his Birthday Day with this cute little guy, my sister Lynsey's little boy and his Grandson Austin.

Happy Birthday Dad and Austin, We love you!!!

4 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

YAY! You are the ideal daughter! So does your dad hand out $20 to your friends too?

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

So...I think your Dad is wondering why if you think he is such a great Dad you had to make him cry. That was nice. Love, Mom

Tara said...

That is so funny because my dad's birthday was the 11th but we celebrated it on Thursday the 12th.
We went to Logans Roadhouse and then the kids went swiwwming at my parents.

Lynsey said...

favorite daughter...ha, he has you fooled!! cute post:)