Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Swimming with Grandma

To keep myself from losing my mind today I decided to take my kids to my parents house to go swimming, As many of you know Ethan HATES the water he cries from the time we get in to the time we get out. Usually the only time he isn't crying is when I dunk under the water cuz I am tired of hearing him, even then he is still screaming we just can't hear it for a brief second ( I promise I do love him to pieces). Well today Grandma got in with the kids and he didn't cry. He had so much fun. I don't remember the last time my mom got in the pool, well after today she is going to have to get in more often since she is the only one that can get Ethan happy.
Look he is even smiling :)He started to get a little brave after awhile. He was climbing in and out of the pool so much his poor little belly looks like hamburger meat. I put him on the water fall and he wouldn't get off he started rock climbing it to get away from me. He even ran over to the diving rock and wanted to jump off it.
Owen on the other hand has turned into our little fish. He had me doing "Tricks" of the diving rock , diving for rings and doing canon bombs I think he thought I was his little puppy that needed to be trained. I was a good sport and he enjoyed seeing his mom act like a fool. We were trying to teach him how to dive,but some how his belly would hit the water first every time.
After about 2 hours of swimming we were tired and hungry. Owen found his favorite little spot in the room he "Wishes was his" and watched Thomas.
Mon. and Wed. you may be seeing more of us. We had a great time. Thanks mom for the fun evening. My kids wont forget this night, actually I don't think I will either. Love ya

8 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Owen, dont tell anyone but that's Grandma's favorite spot too.(in the middle of the night when Grandpa is snooooring!) Grandma had a fun night too.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I love that bed. Now I want to see more pictures! So it looks like you will be coming with us to the pool?

Lynsey said...

Lets go swimming on mondays, that would be fun!!

Thank you sooooooo much for the drugs last night, I can't thank you enough:)

Jen & Blake said...

This looks like a great time! Glad to hear that everyone had an enjoyable time. Camden did swim lessons & was tramatized for the first month after, but seems to be back to enjoying himself. Nothings worse @ the pool that crying/whining kids. And I loved the movie post! I think that's a great idea that I want to do when mine are a little older:)

bekki said...

Don't you just love Grandma's who love to play with their grandkids. Now where are the pictures of you.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I just tagged you. Check my blog for the rules!

Debbie said...

fun pictures of your darling boys!! I'll bet your mom had a blast with you all being there.

Anonymous said...

So...you're a pool moocher too! I wish one of my parents lived close by and had a pool. I am definite that they would be sick of me and my kids by the end of the summer. I say why not swim EVERY day?! You're boys looked like they had a blast. I LOVED your post about your movie date. What a sweet mom to think of that. My boys just always have to share me with one another and I'm pretty grouchy to boot!