Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Aimee tagged me, so after much thought I decided to cave in a tell All
Rules: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 obsessions, and 3 random facts
tag 5 people at the end
Joys
1. Nothing brings me more joy than my Family. Watching my kids grow and learn each day is such a wonderful thing to me.
2. Being at home with my Kids each day.
3. Seeing Stewart come through the door at night after a very long hard day and hearing my kids squealing with excitement at the sound of the door, running full speed to get to him first.
Fear
1. As many of you know I am a freak when it comes to water. I am so afraid that one of my kids are going to drown. We have had some pretty close calls with Ethan, just the thought of it gives me an anxiety attack.
2. Speaking in church on Suday, there is something about standing in front of a lot people all waiting for you to say something meaningful. What if you dont? I hate it!!
3. The economy right now totally freaks me out. Its so sad to me all the business that are closing, all the houses that been foreclosed on, and all the people who are out of jobs.
4. I know it is only suppose to be 3 fears but sorry I have more. Owen going to all day Kindergarten is a serious fear of mine. What if he cant get his lunch by himself?, what if someone is mean to him?, What if he gets scared? or most fearful what if he doesn't even miss me when he is gone :(
Goals
1. To eat better, lose weight and become more fit.
2. Having FHE every week. We really do try but when the kids are jumping off the couch or wrestling on the floor it gets really irritating.
3. To be a more forgiving person and to not hold grudges.
Current Obsessions
1. Chapstick. I am truly OBSESSED I always have chapstick with me. I don't just have 1, I usually have 1 in my pocket, 2 in my purse, 1 in my car, 1 in the kitchen and at night I always have 2 on my nightstand just in case I lose one in the middle on the night. Yes I do apply it throughout the night.
2. My boys church clothes. I am obsessed with white shirts and ties. I just think Mom's of girls always have their little girls in fluffy dresses, bows in their hair, and jewelry on, so why cant little boys be dressed just as cute. Nothing is cuter to me then my boys ready for church.
3. Dirty dishes in the sink GAG!! I cant sleep at night if my kitchen isn't clean. I hate starting the day out with dirty dishes.
Random Facts
1. I am sick of the Arizona heat. Something about being hot makes me think and act completely irrational just ask Stewart. I want to move somewhere cold for a change. We hope to go somewhere different for school.
2. Being a wife of a Student is a full time job in it self, and I still have many years ahead of me what was I thinking when I agreed to this craziness. j/k I am excited for the adventure and for what our future holds. I couldn't be more proud of Stewart.
3. When I go to bed at night I check and double check every door and lock at least 2 times before turning on the alarm. Can you say OCD!!
I tag my sista Lynsey, Jenni, Shauna, Julie, & Kathleen have fun girls I will be waiting for your answers. Love ya all :)

9 comments:

Jenni said...

I didn't know you liked chapstick so much! :) That was pretty much the only thing I didn't know! And your boys always look darling for church...Max always looks like a rag-a-muffin. And you are such a supportive wife and I KNOW that you have so MUCH to look forward to. Take me with you! :)
I'll put my thinking cap on for this one! :)

Lynsey said...

I think we have some of the same OCD issues!!
I didn't realize how much we are a like....scary;)

I think we got the dirty dishes from mom:)

bekki said...

I think I knew pretty much everything you posted. The chapstick still cracks me up.

Julie said...

I think you need a trip up to the Pacific Northwest. It will be 75-85 degrees all week. I love reading fun stuff about my friends. Oh - November 11th is the answer to your question.

Anonymous said...

Okay! I played along! Now people are going to know just how simple and boring I really am. Way to expose me Melanie! :) BTW, I think you doors are unlocked...go check!

Thanks for including me!

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Is there something else you want to say about speaking in Church? Whats the topic? :)

Aimee's Family Journal said...

We both tagged jenni! I hope she will do it. I love the chapstick obsession. I too suffer from the need to leave them around the house, and apply through out the day!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

HaHA!! I totally thought I tagged Jenni but I didn't! HA HA HA!!

Unknown said...

okay--you are hilarious!! I am glad to see there are other OCD people out there. Did you get the DVD and book???