Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma


Today is My Grandma McClellan's 75th Birthday!! My Grandma is very special to me and my family. I have many great memories of her as a child. Throughout the Years we have built a great relationship with one another. She is a wonderful Grandma and Great Grandma to my children. She is a great example to me and my Kid's. Grandma is a Cancer Survivor. She was diagnosed with cancer about 1 1/2 years ago. It was such a scary time for our Family. Through it all she was such a trooper. My Grandpa would drive her from Ogden Utah to Salt Lake Monday through Friday for 3months to get her treatments, most of the time in bad snowy weather. Through it all they never complained. Whenever I would call to see how she was she would always respond " Terrific like Tony the Tiger" ! What a great example of Strength she was to me. I am so proud of her and her will to survive and beat the Illness. my Grandpa was also a great example to me of Love. His love for my Grandma is indescribable, there isn't anything he wouldn't do for her. I love that he takes care of her the way he does. I am proud to say that he is who My Owen got his name from. They are the definition of what "True Love is." Through many Prayers my Grandma is Cancer Free!!! Other fun stuff about my grandma is:
She is amazing with the sewing machine, I don't think there is anything she cant make, She is a perfectionist every line has to match up, every shade of color has to be perfect or it drives her crazy. All my porcelain dolls were made by her and my grandpa, she doesn't sell them she only makes them for her family. She is so dang talented. For some reason those genes were not passed down to me, I cant even sew a straight line. We call her our "Equal Opportunity Grandma" because everything has to be equal with her, there are no favorites (at least thats what the other grandkids think, but I know I am the favorite ) :) If she does something for one person she does it for everyone. This is a picture of Owen, Ethan, Grandma "D" and Grandpa "Owen". We went to visit them last year. This picture was taken at a family Reunion the Summer of 06'. There are lost of missing great grand kids in this picture (5 to be exact), but I think this is such a cute picture of them. My Grandma is an amazing person, I am blessed to have her in my life.
Grandma we love you and miss you so much. Hope that you are having a great Birthday. We wish we were there with you, but I am sure Mom is giving you great company.
I Love You
Happy Birthday!!!!

7 comments:

Taya said...

I am so happy that she is a survivor of cancer! What a sweet couple. They remind me of my Nana & Papa. I think that grandparents who have made it together for so many years are a great example to all us young married people of the important things is life and how to take care of each other forever! Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

Jenni said...

What a cute granny! I love little gray-haired grandmas! I did not know that Owen was named after your grandpa! They are one adorable couple! I wish I could have their wisdom!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

YAY! Don't we all have pictures with our great-grandparents, sitting on the couch. I remember thinking "Who is that!" The first time I looked at the pictures again when I was older.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love grandmas! I am pretty sure that feeling a grandma's love is how many people in the world survive through life.

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Thank's so much for saying these things about my Sweet MOM. Your Grandma!She is a trooper and an example for all. She does love her family. But most important to me is that I know they love each other.

Lynsey said...

Grandma is such a sweet lady she has been through so much but I don't think I have ever heard her complain. Happy B-day Gma!!
Dido on the grandpa part, he is such a cute little guy, and sooooo good to grandma.

Aimee said...

I didn't know you blogged. Yea! One more blog to look at.