Wednesday, March 12, 2008

San Diego or BUST!!!!

I first have to Thank Lynsey and Jim for a great Trip. We had a blast with you guys it wouldn't have been has fun with out you. Jim thanks for the tour of California on the way to the Zoo, a trip is not complete with out getting lost at least once. To Jim's credit he was given bad directions. Owen just wants to know why his "Uncle Jim was making him lost, that's not nice of him, Mom".
We decided to take the Kids to Sea World and The Zoo this weekend. We left Sunday morning with everything but the kitchen sink packed in the back two darling boys (yes, I am byist), DVD players movies, and every snack you can think of. Owen and Ethan were happily watching a movie while Stewart and I were doing a crossword puzzle (which I suck at) when all of a sudden it sounded like we hit an animal, Stewart said it was probably road debris, a minute later the car started wobbling down the street at 70 mph, Stewart pulled the car over I got out to see what animal was lodged underneath the it and this is what I found: Are you serious, I have never gotten a flat tire, way now? I thought this was so Blog worthy!
So, before I let him change the tire I had to snap a few shots
Ouch!!!
THIS CAN BE REPAIRED RIGHT?

So just when I thought things couldn't possible get worse they did. Our spare tire was FLAT!!! Stewart says low, but if that was the case I would like to know why we were driving extremely slow down the highway looking for the nearest gas station which wasn't for about 30 miles to air it up. Lynsey was on the Internet on her cell phone looking for the service stations and everyone we called was closed for Sunday. My gosh you would have thought we were in Provo.

We finally found a Chevron thanks to Lynsey's handy skills map qwesting everything for us on her cell.
Stewart took the tire in to a tire shop and can you believe he said it wasn't repairable, Seriously Duct tape solves it all. Just ask Jim he is pretty handy with it. $140 later and we are back to new again. I have tonz off fun pictures and stories to go around but I am sure you are all bored by now. So, I will have to blog about Sea World, The Zoo, and the Beach another day. Glad to be home safe and sound.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowsers! Flat tires are like one of my biggest fears! Thank heavens you had your studly hubby there to help out. :) Your trip sounds like it was full of tons of fun, can't wait for the blog post. We took our boys to Sea World last July and the memories are already fading for those two! Guess we'll just have to go again! I was wondering where you were on Sunday---I didn't get my Melanie fix!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Ohh Stewie! What a good sport! I bet it is times like that that define a man. You have to love it or hate it, but you can't get out of doing the job. What a good guy!

Lynsey said...

140 bucks geeez that sucks!! San diego was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again!! SO, when are you going to do your next post with all your cute pics??? Im waiting:)

Reynolds Family said...

what a bummer! Just when you think you have a trip buget, something like that happens and increases it! Good sport Stew, and I love how you jumped out of the car to take a picture:>

Jessica said...

I just got my first flat too! Fun to see your blog and your kids. My blog is www.nonworkingmother.blogspot.com