Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sea World,The San Diego Zoo & The Beach

Warning this is very long and probably boring!!!!
Our trip to San Diego was one of the best trips we have had. We went with my sister Lynsey and her husband Jim and her little boy Austin, Jim's sister Jenna and her boyfriend Luke.
Ethan's Encounter with the Dolphins, It was so cute it was like they were having a conversation with each other Ethan would baby talk and then the Dolphin would make noise back it was so cute. Ethan kept petting it.Owen wasn't to sure about the Star Fish but at least he actually held it. It was the only thing he would touch. I don't think he realized it was alive
Ethan on the other hand probably killed it, he was squeezing it and then threw it back into the water. Good luck little fishy!! The 3 boys
Ethan and Austin are so cute with each other, I am so glad they play so well with together.

Sea World was so much fun, the highlight on the day was when it was "raining" as Owen said but really we were getting pooped on by a bird. Lynsey is going to have to teach us her new dance moves she was jumping around so much none got on her.
At the Dolphin show they asked if Owen wanted to be in it, and can you believe he wouldn't do it. We could have feed and touch the dolphin's he was to scared. We were so bummed. Ethan on the other had would have jumped in with the sharks if we let him. How different they are.
The San Diego Zoo is the Best. I wasn't able to get a picture of the Tigers but when Owen saw them he was freaking out. He was so excited. We took a bus tour, it was awesome it took us around the Zoo and that zoo is huge, We were able to see so much.

Owen and Ethan on the Hippo
I love this Picture the Polar Bear was drinking out of a bottle of water. So Cute!!
The beach was so much fun. The kids had a blast the water was cold but that didn't stop them
This is one of my favorite pictures the Dad's playing with the boys like there was no one else around.

Look at this Chubby sandy foot.Ethan loved the sand he would just lay and roll around in it. He liked the water until a wave totally knocked him down, after that he would run the opposite direction when the water came in.
Me and my Boys!!
By the end of the day this is what we were doing. Stewart and Owen would watch movie's on Stewart's laptop. Owen insisted on sleeping with Dad every night so I got a bed to myself. That is a vacation in itself.

Lynsey and Jim you guys are awesome, I am so glad we were able to do this with you. Thanks for the great memories. We love you.


8 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Thank heaven for things that travel with you, and play movies!! What a freking blessing! What cute fat sand toes too. I think that is the funnest. I am glad you guys got some breathing room.

Lynsey said...

If your lucky maybe one day I will share with you my dance moves!!! That was really funny:) I can't wait to do this trip again, we had a blast!!!
I think we might have a picture of the Lion if you want it... Owen was so funny about the Lion, you would have thought it was Christmas morning!!

Lynsey said...

ohh I forgot to mention, I love the picture with the boys but I can't get over Jim and Stewarts matching outfits!! I think they planned it:)

Jen & Blake said...

It looks like you had a great time! I would love to do Cali this summer, but w/ a baby and wild work schedules we'll have to live it through others trips. Love the pics!

Reynolds Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I love the picture of Ethan with his little buddy, I am shocked Own would not feed the Dolphins. Your kids were sure cute with the bunnies, I cant wait to see those pictures posted!

Jenni said...

What a blast! I love the chubby feet in the sand - Priceless!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!!! You have some cute boys there!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Nice how i called you last night, after it was my idea to get a soda! Wow! Could I be more lame?