Thursday, April 3, 2008

A great Laugh!!

I was going through some old pictures and came across this picture of me and my sisters and brother on Halloween years ago. We were living in Utah at the time so Me and Stacy were BYU Cheer leaders, Jason was a BYU Football Player, Angie was a Devil and Lynsey was a Baby. The best part about this picture is that Lynsey has a Binky in her mouth. The reason it is so funny is because Lynsey's little boy Austin is obsessed with his Binky and Lynsey can't figure out why, well there you have it, he is taking after his Mom. If she had one why can't he right? Poor kid doesn't stand a chance, he'll be in college with his stash of Binky's in his Back Pack.
The reason I was going through pictures was because I was trying to find some pictures of me when I was a baby, to see who Ethan looks more like, Me or Stewart. We all know that Owen is a clone of Stewart but some people think Ethan looks just like Me and some people think that he looks like Stewart. Well my friends I think I have figured it out

Here's EthanPut him in dress and he would be me, after finding this picture I think he looks like me. Our eyes are the same, those Rosy cheeks, and we both have that Chubby round face. I guess some things never change.
Sorry kid that Fa Neck is one thing you won't grow out of.
So I just came across this picture of Stewart, Now its a toss up maybe he is a good mix of the two of us.
This next picture is just straight embarrassing. Do you guys remember the Unit outfits? I think we had every color and style. Could they be more ugly, and look at our 80's hair can you say bad perm. No wonder me and my sister are both hair stylist's now we are scared from our childhood. Mom I know that was the style back then but Holy Cow!! Clearly the Fashion Police didn't live on our street growing up!!
USA Pride. I love the Hair Styles, especially Stacy's
Big Bangs

10 comments:

bekki said...

I love your leg warmers Mel. I think you were a cute kid. I hope you keep doing this on Friday's. I nedd some laughter in my life.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!!!! You were such a cute little girl! Wonder what happened....J/K!!!!! You're still cute. Maybe for this Halloween you can dress up in one of your Unit outfits!

Jenni said...

HA! That is HILARIOUS! OH, don't worry, we have some pictures EXACTLY like that - the big hair, rolled up sleeves, the units, stretch pants - the whole bit!
You were the cutest little girl, EVER - Ethan SO looks like you! Thanks for sharing these! I need to get a scanner!

Taya said...

Hilarious!!!!! You were right, I needed to see this! I remember those outfits so well...

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Thank you for that one. I agree with Jenni. We all have those same out fits. All of our homes rocked practically identical wallpaper with a matching border! That was a trip, really! Thanks.

Lynsey said...

OH MY GOSH, WHAT WAS OUR MOTHER THINKING???How embarrasing!!! Stacys bangs top it off, how in the world did she get them soooooooooo big. Why??Mom did some crazy things with our hair, I will never forget the time mom cut my bangs and you made fun of me in sacrament meeting!! hahaha:)

Unknown said...

WOW, Ethan looks so much like you as a child. I love the side ponytail. You were such a cute little girl!

Sarah said...

I think Ethan is a mix of you two.

And UNITS! I loved UNITS! I had some from the store, but many more that were homemade. My friend's mom taught a homemaking class in Relief Societies all over town. We got to be the models. Yikes!

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

OK Both your boy's faces are round like your's. Stewarts is alot longer and not so round. Make fun of me if you want but you kid's looked Goooood!

Reynolds Family said...

The Red outfit is super flattering, and you should definitly try to locate those shoes and socks again! I laughed so hard I almost cried! Thanks for sharing, I have never heard of units.. I dont think I was cool enough.