Saturday, March 1, 2008

Our Little Project

Today Owen and I decided to refinish an old desk we have to put in his toy room. He loves to play computer games on PBS kids he would play those games all day if I let him, so we decided to put a computer in his toy room for him so we werent fighting over ours. I know what your thinking What 4 year old needs his own computer? Your right but that is hardly the point here.
Here is the Before

Owen had alot of fun painting. I was a little worried when he informed me that he wanted to paint the drawer fronts by himself, but I must say he did a really good job!
A little sanding, painting and Wallah Owen has a new desk that matches his toy room. It looks so dang cute in there.
Here is the After

Good as new you would never know that yesterday it looked old and crapy, it was about to go away in the "Stinky Diaper Truck" (code for garbage truck) as Owen would say. Glad we were bored cuz Dad was at work. Good Job Son!!

5 comments:

Taya said...

It looks awesome! Your house is so pulled together and this just adds to that..and someday, if we stay in one house long enough, I hope I can feel the same way about ours!!!! Owen, you did great!!! Enjoy your new desk & computer.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

EEEEEgads! I love it. how do you do projects from scratch and have them turn out so well. CONGRATS! Owen might be great at this like his Daddy!

Anonymous said...

Cute desk! And kudos to Owen for the great painting job (hats off to Mom who actually let him have a go at it).
I have a project I need to start on myself. I really want to refinish my kitchen table. Bekki and I keep talking about it and it keeps just sitting in my kitchen lookin' ugly. You are my inspiration! I will do it! (but only if Owen helps).
Cute blog and I just have to say....FINALLY!!!!!!

Lynsey said...

Holy cow that desk doesn't even look like the same one. It matches PERFECT! Nice work OWEN you did a GREAT job.

Jenni said...

I absolutely LOVE that desk! What a great idea! I love old furniture...and being able to fix it up! Mel - you are so creative! Great job, Owen!