Monday, September 8, 2008

Owen's 5

I can remember September 8, 2003 like it was yesterday. On that day I was blessed to be able to join the best club out there the club I had prayed to be apart of since I was a child, "The Moms Club"., because of Owen I was officially a Mom. I had dreamed of that day my whole life. I still remember the day I found out I was pregnant. We had only been married 1 month, I was standing in the kitchen waiting for Stewart to come home trying to figure out how I was going to tell my new husband of 1 month that I was 1 month pregnant. Yeah we clearly didn't waste anytime. When I told Stewart he beamed with excitement. The next 9 months was pure torture I was newly married, trying to figure out how to be a wife (which I am still working on)working at a salon, sicker then a dog pregnant, But I was so excited. I remember the waiting and wondering when he was going to come,what he was going to look like, the fear of not knowing how to raise him in this crazy world. Wondering if I was even adequate to care for such a special little being. Well he gave me some extra time to think about it, maybe he was wondering all the same things, almost 2 weeks late I was finally induced. While driving to the hospital my Mom said to Me "Are you sure you want to do this?" Thanks Mom, like I really had a choice at that point and yes the anticipation, excitement and fear was killing me I wanted to finally meet this sweet little boy. Owen was born 10 months to the day of our Wedding day. When the doctor handed him to me I was a little confused has to why I didn't get a "users manual" I mean seriously you get one when you buy a car, a TV, a washing machine why not get one for the most important purchase you will ever make, Your 1st child or your guinea pig I should say. Owen was an angel from the 1st day he was born. I remember thinking "Is it even possible to love something so small so much?" But I did. I couldn't believe this little guy was mine, to keep forever, no return policey available. He slept so good at times probably to good. He let his momma get plenty of rest. He was never a curious child you know like my 2nd child. He never made messes, he never got into things he was just all around a easy kid. He tricked me into think all babies were easy (and I am glad he did and so is Ethan). For the past 5 years Owen has been my little sidekick he is truly been such a blessing in our lives. He has brought such a sweet spirit into our home. He is a good kid and he makes his Mom and Dad proud. He lights up the room with his sweet smile. Owen has such a tender heart he cares about everyone. Sometime Owen amazes us with his comprehension and knowledge of things, I truly believe this is the year he is going to out smart his Mom. He loves school and never gets bored with reading and learning. He loves Dinosaurs and his stuffed animals he sleeps with probably 20 a night. No joke we have told him if he gets much more we are going to have to get him a bigger bed. He is a good brother, he puts up with all of Ethan's crazy stunts. He is so patient with him. Here are a few pictures of Owen throughout the last 5 years:
Meeting my sweet baby for the 1 st time

What a proud Dad (does he even look old enough to have a child?)

Blessing Day


2004

This is Owen with Mickey Mouse on the Disney Cruise 2005

Owen holding Baby Ethan 2006 Polar Express 2006 2006 Owen's 4th Birthday 2007

Owen's 5 2008


I cant imagine my life with out Owen. I pray everyday and night that I will have Many Many more memories of him in my life. I love him so much and I hope he knows how loved he is by so many friends and family. Owen thank you for loving me the way you do, I hope you have a Happy Birthday Son, I love you to the Moon and back!! Love, Mom

5 comments:

bekki said...

What a sweet mom you are. Owen is so blessed to have you as a mom. Looks like you guys had a fun and busy weekend.

Lynsey said...

Ohhhh how sweet!! Happy birthday Owen, we should have sang to him tonight. Darn... I forgot to give him 5spanking's:)
Love you Owen

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

We are Proud of you too. I hurt all over from the fun we had tonight. Happy Birthday we love you.
Grandma & Grandpa

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Owen! We missed you on Sunday!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday to one beautiful boy!
Mel, your cake turned out awesome...I am a horrible mom, I always buy the disgusting store-bought cakes.