Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Owen's Birthday Continues

On Monday Owen's actual birthday I took him Burger King for lunch at school and Dinosaur cupcakes to share with his class. We picked him up from school and took the kids to Makuta's Island. My sister was taking her daughter Ashlee for her birthday too so we decided to make it a family affair. No one was there but us, maybe everyone saw all us crazy people and decided to come another night, do you blame them. The kids had more then enough room to run and play and to be honest the adults did too :)
Here's the birthday kids

Owen & Ashlee


We are large and we are in charge the Whole Fam Damily
(minus Jason who is Utah)
Owen, me, Jim, Austin, Stewart, Ethan, Kayden
Brian, Ashlee, Stacy, Lynsey, Kylee, Angie, Adam, Gma, Katie, Alyssa, & Gpa


Can you say "Cheese"


Ethan loved coming down the slides until we put him down the one that goes faster then light by himself he was scared to death when he got to the bottom and kept crying "No slide" the rest of the night

Owen was so on the move the whole night I couldn't get him to stand still long enough to take a picture so here he is on the move



Owen, Ashlee, and Alyssa

Owen swinging across the bar

Even Grandma got in on the action. She climbed through the big tube up to the high slide that goes faster then light. I will save her some serious embarrassment and I wont post the picture of her flying out of the tube slide and landing flat on her back, I will however save it for blackmail :)

Daddy is such a good sport!! Anything to make his boys happy we went to dinner with Stacy and her family afterwards and Stewart some how ended up with all the kids at his table.


Jim Braving the big purple tube with Austin what a good Dad!!

We had a great time, my back hurts from being in the crouched over position climbing through tiny openings going down crazy spinning slides, climbing rope ladders barefoot, but the kids had a great time and slept great. As you can see Owen had a really good birthday now we have to explain to him that his Birthday doesn't last 3 days every year. Thanks everyone for some great memories!!

9 comments:

bekki said...

Looks like fun I think it is awesome your twin (aka Mom) went down the slide she rocks

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Blackmale???? Remember we Adams get even:) To bad their business was hurt so bad when they found out we were coming! I cant wear shorts I dont want anyone to see the scabs on my knee's

Anonymous said...

Man! Owen is the luckiest kid on earth! His birthday just keeps going and going and going....Sign me up for a celebration like that!

Debbie said...

awck!!! How can he be so big already????? Happy belated birthday Owen.

It was so good to see your in laws at the temple last night. They are both such strong people.

Amber said...

That place looks like a lot of fun. I've never heard of it. Where is it?

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Melanie, Your boys are so cute. Happy Birthday Owen! I cannot believe how fast they grow up. How many more babies do you want?

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Owen!!!

I swear children should not be allowed to grow up so quickly--I feel like it was only yesterday that he came bounding through my door for his first day of preschool!!

Now he's 5--where did the time go!!

Jenni said...

Your mom is soo your twin! :) What a fun birthday! Happy birthday Owen!

Kristen said...

Mel...first of all, your boys are so precious!! Second, I totally had a dream about me, you, Lynsey, Kassy, and Tara Atkins. I think it was a sign that we need to have a beauty school reunion!! By the way the very next time you come to Utah you better call me!!! I would love to see you.