Saturday, September 20, 2008


My Baby is 2!!!


When I found out we were pregnant with Ethan I couldn't have been more excited. We had been trying for almost a year, 2 of my sisters were pregnant, one of my best friends was pregnant and it seemed like every women within child birth age was pregnant, why not ME!! What I didn't know at the time was the Lord was preparing me for my 2nd child. Ethan brought on a whole new meaning to LOUD when he was born. He never really cried he would just yell, grunt and grumble all day long. As he has gotten older it as also gotten louder. Ethan is a very independent child a free spirit if you will. He knows what he wants and he wont stop until he gets it and he wants NO help. Although Ethan has left me in tears plenty of nights I cant wait for him to wake up in the morning to see his bright smile and eagerness to start another day. I cant imagine my life with out him. All the things that make me pull my hair out are all the reasons I love him so much. He makes me laugh everyday. It is funny to see him be in control with almost every situation with Owen. He man handles him like you wouldn't believe and has his whole life. I don't know if its because Owen is so sweet or if he is really afraid of him, which ever one it is Ethan usually wins. Although Ethan is crazy active he can also be my little snuggle bug. I am grateful everyday for Ethan and feel very blessed to be his mom. He is such a sweetie and I love him so much. Here are some pictures of him throughout the last 2 years:




He has loved to swing since he was a baby and still does thankfully we live across from the park

Can we say CHEESE


This is what happens when he has to feed himself spaghetti


This always made us laugh. He would do leg lifts in his high chair it was seriously the funniest thing


We got Ethan this walker when he was about 6 months and Holy crap that kid was a maniac. He didn't care what was in his way he would plow right over it, baseboards, toys, shoes, TOES!! We were all so afraid of him when he was in it. We call it the "Toe Torturer" Owen wouldn't dare get off the couch it he was in it. He loved it and would run around the house all day fully content



He loves to wrestle and ruff house as long as he is on top and in control


This picture says it all. Ethan is such a fun, happy little boy. He is active as all get out but I wouldn't trade him in for the world. He has made me a stronger better person. I am grateful for the time we get to spend together just the two of us it is priceless time. I cant imagine my days with out him.



I am so glad that I have a front row seat in his experience of life and learning. He makes us proud and we all love him very much.
So I have to ask, if the terrible 2's started when he was born when do they end?



Happy Birthday Ethan I love you more then you know

4 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I love Owens face in the picture with Ethan on his back. Taht is so funny. K, now I am a little worried. Because when I have this baby I will have waited 3 years for another baby! Does that mean this kid is a triple freak??!!

Lynsey said...

Happy Birthday ETHAN!! If your mommy ever wants to trade you in, you are always welcome at my house. Austin would LOVE a friend to play with:)
I love the picture of him in his high chair..LOL

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

When do the terriable 2's end you ask??? I am hoping at 22 and I only have a few months to go and you only have 20yrs. Stay tune to find out.
Love, Mom

Clint said...

Cute pictures. Love reading your thoughts. Lawana