Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rest in Peace

Fluffy Jones
3/23/2008-4/20/2008
Guess we will actually have to spray our weeds now that she wont be eating them anymore

I am sad to report that Fluffy has left his mortal life. Fluffy came into our lives at a time I didn't think we could enjoy a pet, but Fluffy has changed my views on animals. I actually kinda liked the thing. We let it just roam around our backyard, and it kept getting out of our backyard but she would always come home. I would be working and my clients would say "Do you know there is a bunny on your front porch?" Sure enough it was Fluffy I would walk out front she would hop over to me and I would take her out back almost like what a dog would do. Well I was afraid that one of these days she wouldn't return so Stewart and Owen poured a cement curb under the fence yesterday and apparently that threw her over the edge she didn't feel like life was worth living anymore. I guess we took away her free agency. We found her dead on the back porch this morning Owen said "shes not dead, she is just laying really still" yeah with only one eye open. Anyways Fluffy went away tonight in an Eggo's box over to the dumpster at Capitol Pacific Homes along with a bunch of junk from our garage hey we paid for that stupid dumpster, anyway to get back some of our lost money with them. Fluffy you will be missed and remember you made the record for the longest living animal at the Jones house feel privileged. Lets face it we are not animal people!! Sorry boys!

8 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

O No.... Now what are you going to do with the weed's. You will have to go back to "PICKING" them. I think it is time for a Dog. Play your cards right maybe there might be one available in 30 days.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Oh mel! What will you do with all your free time, now that fluffy is gone? It really is so sad!

Bryn said...

So Sorry to hear about Fluffy! Thatis one cool bunny! Someday we will try our hand at being pet people.

Shauna said...

i have just one thing to say...I TOLD YOU SO!!! no, seriously that's really sad. sorry for your loss:( love ya. shauna

Jenni said...

Mel, I had to read you blog to hear about Fluffy? What the heck? Where the heck have you been? Did you skip out on church to have a funeral for Fluffy Jones? I am waiting in anticipation to hear the details!
Poor Fluffy, I really liked him/her. Maybe it was the back flips that he was doing in his cage that did him in.
Poor Owen and Ethan, I think that Gma Adams has something there about a DOG! :)

Melanie said...

Jenni,

No funernal for Fluffy just a ride in an Eggo box to the dumpster and the dog that Gma Adams is talking about I dont want. Like I said we are not animal people

Anonymous said...

Poor little Fluffy! It sounds like you guys have the same skills as me when it comes to animals. We had a very bad experience with goldfish and haven't had the heart to try anything else out since then. :)

John & Jessica Skiba said...

AHHH! How sad is that? Was Owen traumatized? I love how you said that taking away her free agency put her over the edge. Ha, ha, ha. You are always such a hoot. It has been so fun to get to know you guys!