Friday, December 5, 2008

Prayers Needed!!!

I have know Justin since elementary school. He is one of the kindest, funniest people I know. I haven't spoke to him in years but have kept in contact through the blogging world. He got married last year to Susan, she was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in June of this year. She has fought the fight with all her heart and strength. She has given her all but is losing, she knows her time here are earth is short but is not giving up. My heart aches for her and her pain but also for Justin and his loss. You can read about her journey on their blog click on it on my side bar Justin and Susan and please pray for them and their families.
(At the ASU vs. U of A game this weekend durning the 3rd and 4th quarter they will be doing a tribute for Susan of the big screen.)
UPDATE
Susan's battle with Cancer ended last night. She returned home to be with her Heavenly Father last night 10/5/2008. My heart aches for Justin and those family members who are mourning her loss.

9 comments:

thewylerfamily said...

Oh my, I love Justin Turley. I am so very sad to hear about this. He is such a great person. His wife seems like such an angel. They will be in our prayers.

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

That was nice. Love Mom

Chantal said...

What a nice tribute. I did not ever meet Justin but Susan and I went to High School together she was always a delight, she had a great sense of humor. She also has a great family I am sure they appreciate all the prayers offered.

Heidi said...

My heart is breaking! How fragile life is!
May they be comforted during this difficult time!

Shauna said...

Mel, sorry about your friends loss, i can't even imagine. we're so blessed aren't we.
fu to read all your recent blogs, i haven't checked in in a while...looks like you guys are livin' it up like always. not too much new around here. i know i haven't updated in forever. i've been disenchanted with blogging lately. too many other things to do. okay, love ya.

Amber said...

Melanie,
I am so sorry. My friend was actually just telling me about that family a few days ago. We'll keep Justin in our prayers.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Uggh! I am sure I am not the only one who said that, when they first saw your post. So sad, and so happy for her to finally be done with that struggle! I am just happy for her to finally be free of it!

On a side note! I love that picture of Owen. Classic face!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Melanie. That is such a sad story. Thank goodness for Temples and sealings. And how great that she got to find her true love before she had to leave this life.

bekki said...

This is such a sad story thanks for sharing it.

On a side note: Your pictures look amazing whoever did them did a great job of course it does help that the family is so dang good looking