Friday, February 6, 2009

A very sad Day

Today was a very bitter sweet day for us. Owen's teacher had to move away due to some health reasons with her husband. I completely understand and would have done the same but I am selfish and very sad she is gone. She has been such a great teacher for Owen. She has helped him come out of his shell this year and has pushed him academically. I am so impressed with her and what Owen has learned from her, I was lucky enough to volunteer in his class room every Friday so I have really gotten to know her and have really enjoyed the time I spent helping her. Owen has been so sad that she was moving to another world (is what he said) I am grateful she was his teacher for at least half of the year and am excited to get to know his new teacher Mrs. Sharr
This is a letter Owen wrote to Mrs. Soosai last nightSome of Owen's friends
Owen and Mrs. Soosai

Thanks Mrs. Soosai for all you do. You will be missed.

2 comments:

Heiner Happenings said...

Ugh...I swear even as parents we still find ourselves getting attached to teachers! Its a good thing- that means their wonderful!! Im sorry Owen! You have many years ahead of you to find more awesome teachers buddy!:)

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! Owen is such a cutie and such a great kid that I bet he has his new teacher wrapped around his finger in no time. :) So who was more sad to see her go...you or Owen? ;)