Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our trip to the Snow

Last weekend we took the kids up to my parents cabin to play in the snow. Owen was so excited he talked about it all week, Ethan on the other hand not so much. He wanted to watch out the window at Owen. He liked to have the snow hat on but didn't want to be in it.

We finally convinced him to get dressed and try it out

It was a no go. He kept saying it was "Cold mama"Owen couldn't get enough of it. He rolled around in it all weekendWe put Ethan on the sled on the driveway and he seemed to like itAll smiles from him were gone when we decided to go look for a bigger hill and let him ride down by himself. Not a good idea folks sleds have minds of there own and my smiley, giggling 2 year old was heading the wrong direction for a 3 foot drop into rocks. He scared the living crap out of me. Stewart was chasing him down the hill will I was trying to run to stop him and he was flying down that hill, I will say its amazing what you do when you think your child is going to get hurt, I took a super woman flight and stoped him, he rolled of the sled hit his head and that was the end of sledding for him. Do you blame him? What a dumb idea Mom!!
Stewart and his 10 feet of legs with Owen Oh Nelly


A long as all fours were touching the ground he was happy
Snow angels
Owen jumping off the balcony into the snow Monkey see, Monkey do
My little dare devil
Owen was not too happy about our snowman, he said he was too lumpy without smooth sides, welcome to my world son, I feel his pain.
After the snow sledding Owen wanted his dad to take him on a quad ride and teach him how to drive it, so they took off and came back and told us the funniest story ever. So apparently Stewart was explaining to Owen that the throttle is was makes the quad go and before he could explain that you start out slow Owen and pushed it all the way down popped a wheelie and knocked both of them off the quad right onto their behinds. I would have paid money to have seen that. They are lucky they didn't get hurt Stewart however did have a bruised butt cheek :) Owen was scared to drive the quad the rest of the time.
Besides the 2 incidents of trying to kill our kids we had a great time. It was fun to spend time with my kids and watch them play in the snow. Thanks again Mom and Dad for having us over the weekend and for building such fun memories with us. My boys love their papa and obomba :)

12 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

What would smooth sides be like? We had a good time. Love U all!

The Smith Clan said...

Glad Owen and Ethan saw the snow before it was gone! They look like they had a good time but agreeded with Kylee and Adam that it was too cold! Awesome Snowman it looks perfect! We all come in different shapes and sizes!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Oh my ! I am laughing at your commentary. What a grand vacation! I have to say, I like to look at the snow, but because we never have the right gear, I hate being in it! You guys again, win the cool parent award.

;0)

Kristen said...

Ok, Seriously that looks like so much fun, until you have to be buried in it for a whole winter with no warm weather to go home too. :( I really want spring to come to Utah, can you tell? I miss you Mel!

bekki said...

Love the Oh Nelly comment I can just imagine you really saying that.

Love the snowman maybe next he can have smooth sides and when you figure out to get them let me know how to get them on myself.

BTW: had fun last night thanks for having my back

Lynsey said...

Man, I have the cutest nephew's!!
Nice job on the snow man!!

Anonymous said...

How much fun! I loved reading that post---so much funny stuff! Except for the almost killing Ethan part---you've ruined him for life! He will never enjoy snow now. For shame!!!!!! :)

Jen & Blake said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you all made it home safe after your scary incidents. The boys adorable & so squeezable all bundled up! Your snowman comments cracks me up! I hope you are all doing great:)

Shauna said...

i'm so jealous...we haven't even had enough snow this year to build a snowman:( the boys are getting so big and cute. miss you

Lynsey said...

Time for an update, the snow has melted and the season has changed.

keepingupwiththewootans said...

We love going to the snow! Great pictures! That young age in the snow is hard just wait til next year he will love it.

bekki said...

TIME TO UPDATE ZZZZZZZZZZZ