Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Race

I ran the 5k with 3 of my favorite people on sat. It was so much fun and was for such a great cause. We ran for "two sisters one heart" if you haven't heard of them you need to read about it. It is a story that will touch everyone. The morning started out very early and very cold. We were all excited but also a little nervous.
This is pre run
Lynsey, Me, Bekki, Kathleen

Kathleen, Me, Bekki

Me and my Sista


Me and Bek

My personal favorite!! Don't ask us what we are doing cuz we have no idea


Getting our tunes ready


On your mark, get set, GO!!!


Next to Lynsey in this picture is Mrs. K (yes I know you have a first name but you will always be Mrs. K to me) She was Owens preschool teacher, she was the first female to finish. You go girl!! I totally slowed down and let her win :)

The overall race was so much fun, this is only my second race I have ever done but I enjoyed it more then my first, I did however think that it was a trick that they only posted the 1st mile marker and left you guessing with the rest. Kathleen took off like a bolt of fire and Lynsey following close behind, I knew that if I kept Lynsey in my sight I was doing OK so thank you Lyns for wearing that pink jacket, Bekki later told me that she wouldnt let me out of her sight so basically I was chasing Lynsey and Bekki was chasing me. What ever works right!! When we got there to get our shirts and bibs we thought it was weird that I was number 90 and Bekki was 91 but then when I finished only 2 seconds before her and our numbers were right next to each other on the race results made it even weirder (pretend that is a word ) but seriously what is the chance out of 218 people we would have those numbers and finish together we are true BFF :) I am glad I did it and am looking forward to doing another.
we also saw miss Heather kicking some serious butt on the 10k

Sorry we made you drop your keys and back track for it, we know were crazy but that's why you love us right.

Good job girls lets do it again!

8 comments:

bekki said...

THanks for talking me into doing the race I had a blast and looking forward to the one in April hopefully I'll be in better shape. My personal favorite is me rolling my eyes at whatever you are saying.

Shauna said...

way to go mel...i was thinking about you. i knew you could do it. call soon. smooches

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

OK that is quit some glamour shot you and Becky have going on. Way to go girls!!!

Jen & Blake said...

WOw, nice job! That looks like fun...for you:) Seriously, that is awesome. It is always nice to have great friends & fam to support you.
We all need to get together again, I need a girls lunch:)

Lynsey said...

I learned 2 very important things about myself 1-I am a great photographer! How did I get such a HOT picture of you and Bekki and 2-I look really scary in the morning standing in 43* weather with no makeup on.... YIKES!! Good job sista, see ya in April for run #3:)

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun! I'm actually excited for the next one. :) It's a win-win...I can eat whatever I want and not worry cuz I can go out and race it off with my girls. :)

You did great and I was so happy to see you guys cross the finish.

The Smith Clan said...

I am impressed! Hopefully someday I can actually enjoy running and join you guys (even though I will be no good)! Hopefully soon! Great job.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I've been waiting for you to post pictures of your race! I think I like the Thumbs up pose the best. You are all just SO chipper!!!