Friday, August 29, 2008

The Webb's are on FIRE!!!!

Yes, The Webb's home got struck by lightening!!
Last night I went over to Bekki's to give her a gift that obviously couldn't wait until Monday and boy howdy am I glad I did. We were sitting out in my car talking trying to find the right time for her to get out and run when all off a sudden there was a loud noise (apparently the same loud noise that made Debbie scream, Stewart jump, and many other people scared) a big bolt of light and roof tiles falling on my car. We looked out the window and there was sparks of fire falling from the roof it was then that we screamed "Holy @#!* the house it on FIRE" we took off running for the house and about got ran over by Russ coming outside to make sure the neighbors house wasn't on fire we quickly told him it was his and Bekki and Russ took off for the kids while I sat on hold with 911, what the heck NO lady I will not hold the house is on fire!! The poor kids were confused as ever but were so good. Russ came running down the stairs with Race in one arm and holding Sailor by her hand carrying her down the stairs. She had the cutest little look on her face "Like what is my CRAZY Dad doing ripping me out of bed and carrying me sideways by one hand down the stairs" she did however have her "Baby" tucked carefully under her other arm. I was carrying her through the rain over to Brig and Kathleen's and in her oh so cute Sailor voice she informed me that I needed to run a little faster because it was raining and her Baby was getting wet. It was so funny she wasn't even effected by all the commotion she just wanted her baby to be safe. Lucky for Bekki her Brother lives across the street so we took the kids there.
It totally didn't seem real. I mean I know it happens but not to someone I know and not right in front of me. I am so glad we were outside and saw it all happen. The fire was stopped quickly so it didn't spread through the house. However there was a leak in the fire hose so there is a lot of water damage throughout the house. I was helping Bekki clean up what we could so the kids could go to sleep and Riggs was asking why the firemen cut such big holes in the ceiling, poor kid just couldn't figure it out. The kids were so good and calm as well. I am so glad no one got hurt and it couldn't have happened to 2 better people. I was really impressed by how calm they were. Russ acted like he had experience with burning houses :) they both acted so quick and calm. Every time I see lightening or hear thunder I will think of this night. Never a dull moment at the Webb's!!
Here are some pictures that Brig took:Here are Bekki's New Friends her FIRE BOYS
I have been playing the "What ifs" over and over in my head and they are truly blessed this is all that happened. It could have been so much worse, no one got hurt, there house is still standing and they got to practice their "Family Fire Drill" in action. So many ward members and neighbors were there for support or just to be nosey whatever the reason there are a lot of people that love the Webb's and that was proven last night. I am glad you are all ok. I love ya!!

5 comments:

bekki said...

Oh thanks for the great shout out. You know never a dull moment with me. Always looking for fun. Seriously thanks for all the help we really appreciate and lets hope we don't have to do it again.

Lynsey said...

WOW thats crazy, I can't believe that happened. It was probably the same "bomb" that made me mess my pants:) Glad everyone is ok!

Muche said...

If you want action in your life, hang out with the Webbs, I'm telling ya!


PS: who the heck is Murelle? Can't you even spell my name right, geeeeze, I am you vter after all!

Amber said...

Holy Cow!! What a story to tell. Thad is going to be so jealous he wasn't there to see it :-)

Karlee said...

That is crazy! I'm glad everyone was okay! I'm always terrified my house will get struck during a big storm, I can't imagine how surreal that would be to see it!