Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Heidi

Today is one of my long time friend Heidi's Birthday. Heidi was one of my roommates up in Provo. We lived together for about 3 years (I think) when I think of memories from college she is always in them. Provo was the best time of my life. I made great friends there, some I still talk to and some I don't. Heidi is one of those friends who you could go months not talking too and then when you do its like you talk everyday. I have some pretty funny stories and memories of Heidi some of which I will share and some I am sure she would kill me it I did. Heidi now lives in California she is married to a great guy who I also knew from school, she has 1 daughter and a baby on the way. I haven't seen Heidi for about 8 years but speak to her periodically throughout the years. These pictures of her is how I remember herWe had the best group of friends we were always on the go and doing the funnest stuffThese were my roommates for the majority of the time I was in school
Aaren, Rachel, Britney, Tracy, Sharmin, Me, Heidi

Rachel, me, Megan, Heidi
Cade, me, Julie, Heidi, MeganThis Picture is me, Heidi, and Sharmin at Lake Powell. My parents had a boat and would meet us half way at lake Powell for the weekend. It was always a blastI know Heidi is probably dieing that I posted this picture but it totally cracks me up. This was conference weekend all of the roommates decided to bring our mattresses out in the family room and sleep out there and then watch conference together, well you get 6 girls together late at night and this is what happens dancing and singing in your bikinis.
Heidi and I became really great friends. She was always the person I knew that I could count on when I needed something. She was the one person who was always there for me. I do have one memory of her I have to share because it still makes me laugh to this day. Heidi would always get bad dreams so most night she would end up with me in my room in a twin bed (thank heavens she is so skinny.) This one morning she came running in my room at about 5:00 am freaking out yelling I sat up in my bed and reached for my glasses since cant I see anything with out them and when I looked at her she was covered in white stuff all over her face, through her yelling I finally figured out what had happened. This guy she had gone out with broke into our apartment went into her room and smashed a pie in her face while she was sleeping. I about died laughing. I mean a pie in the face now that is romantic :). This guy is actually really nice and is still one of her and her husbands best friends but it really was the funniest thing ever.
This is Heidi now. She has a beautiful family. Shes married to a great guy and has a darling little girl. I am so glad I was able to get to know her and stay in touch with her over the years.

Happy Birthday. I love ya!!

8 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Wow that suspenders photo really brought memories back!! Those were the days.

bekki said...

I feel so young (ok OLD) after looking at those pictures. Looks like you had a blast with them. Good thing you still have great friends who you can still laugh and have a great time with

Heidi said...

Melanie! You are so cute to post this! I was laughing so hard at all of those pictures and memories! What fun, fun days those were!!!! Thanks for your friendship and all the great times!!! And thanks for such a sweet tribute!
Your the best!!!!

Heidi said...

That bikini picture is SCARY!!!!

But I would LOVE copies of any pictures you have! I don't any of those!

Anonymous said...

What fun pics! It doesn't surprise me that you were out having so much fun since you are still one of the most fun people I know! Where was Stewart during all of this and what does he think of your shenanigans?!

Julie said...

WOW Melanie. Looking at those brought back some memories. I have GOT to scan in some of my pictures and post them soon. Such fun times - Happy Birthday Heidi!

Lulu the Baker said...

I love that you and Julie post pictures from college! I cannot for the life of me figure out WHO has their arm around me in the picture with the McNaughton boys! --Melissa

Lulu the Baker said...

Melanie! I just remembered his name! It was Elton, and I think he still owes me money!