Monday, October 13, 2008

Our much need get away

We went for the weekend to my parents cabin in Heber. The weather was wonderful. It was in the 50's-60's the whole time. We spent lots of time outside bundled up in pants and sweat shirts. When we first got to the cabin Owen had to run around looking for this bear. For some reason he has to have that thing with him at all times he even has to sleep with the bear. I am not sure what it is about it but man he loves that thing.We went on the quads the first night we were there and that was pretty much it since is was so cold and windy.
The boys found their (girl) cousins sunglasses and thought they were so funny wearing themOwen did a little craft for his Grandma and Grandpa
He was so excited to hang one on the kitchen and one in the office
Saturday night we met up with Shawn, Charie and the kids up in Snowflake. They were there visiting her dad so we went to the Temple and to get Ice cream

It was so dang cold the wind was blowing really hard the kids were having a hard time sitting still long enough for a picture
Owen, Preston, Sydney, EthanOwen and PrestonOur Hike
Ethan was mad at the wind
We found a pond the kids could have stayed there all day throwing rocks in it
The perfect rocks



We had a really great time. Lots of fun memories with the boys. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us use the Cabin.

10 comments:

bekki said...

Looks like you had fun. I love those weekends when you don't have to worry about anything

Church Fam said...

So fun. We weren't to far from you. we were in the Showlow area. maybe we will meet up there sometime. you got to love family vacation time.

Jen & Blake said...

What a fun trip! I am jealous:) I love spending time up in the mountians minus the wind!

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa and I hope that you and your family are doing well:)

Kristen said...

I really hope that wasn't Heber, Utah!!!

Gray Family said...

What a great getaway! The scenery looks beautiful but I'm with Ethan - I was mad at the wind this weekend too, although it doesn't look like it stopped you too much. Yeah for great parents with fun places to go!

Lynsey said...

sounds like fun..we need one of those weekends:)

Shauna said...

mel, that looks like so much fun..."hey, i want a get-a-way cabin." Ethan makes me smile just lookin' at him, you can just tell he's gonna be full of adventures and mischief. hope you're feeling better, miss ya. love me

Muche said...

We froze OUR butts in Pinetop! It was in the high fourties, a true Christmas! I looks like half the valley was in the mountains from all the blogs I read :)

Julie said...

So so fun! I love having four seasons-even if it does get chilly sometimes. The leaves are changing here and the weather is in the 60's too. Wish you could visit!!

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Owen,
Grandma & Grandpa came to the Cabin. I found a Bear in my kitchen and a Mountain Lion in Grandpa's office. We love them!