Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kids say the funniest things


In preparation for Kindergarten Owen has informed me of the list of things he needs to get before school starts:

1. back Pack
2. Paper
3. Pencil
4. Lap top Computer

Ok back up the truck, what 4 year old thinks that a lab top computer is a requirement for kindergarten? He has also informed me that "Mom there will be times when I come home from school after you go to bed just like Daddy, don't wait up and that will be ok" Oh my he is 4 going on 20. We are trying to explain to him the difference between Daddy school and little boy school. There is no Wi-Fi connection or PDF files in Kindergarten and that there will NEVER be a time that he will come home from school and I would already be asleep. He says that he wants to go to school for as long as possible because its more time to learn. He is CLEARLY ready for kindergarten.

Mom on the other hand is have a hard time with it as I know so many other Mom's are too. I am sending my baby to kindergarten all day. Is he ready? Have I taught him all he needs to know to face this crazy world? Have I taught him right from wrong? Does he know how to defend himself if he needs too? Will he eat is lunch or go hungry? I know this is all crazy stuff but seriously he is only 4 yrs. old. I am sure he will do fine, it is me to be worried about. He is a good little boy with the greatest desire to learn. I will miss him around all day long and the times when Ethan is asleep and its just us reading books, watching movies or just hanging out together, but I am sure he will be having more fun there then hanging out with his boring old Mom. I love you son remember who you are!!

10 comments:

bekki said...

Ok that is so funny that we blogged about the same thing pretty much. Owen cracks me up don't you know they use laptops in kindergarten mom.

Anonymous said...

OWEN KILLS ME!!!!! His little brain must be working overtime! You have the cutest kids!

Gray Family said...

I think you should break down and get the lap top - who knows, you just might have college graduate in first grade!

Jen & Blake said...

I think that ever mom can/will relate to this! I can't believe he is going to k-garden, what to do? And I love the must have list! I am already worried about the little things too. I cried when my little 3 year old rode his new "big boy" bike down the street! Where does the time go?!

Amber said...

That's too funny :-) I can't believe how time flies!!! Has Stewart heard yet about medical school?

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Ummm, with great knowledge comes great responsibility. Convince him that is he gets too snart too quick, that something terrible will happen. That is exactly the type of thing a great parent does!

Shauna said...

that's so funny, i has to lol. i can just see maddie saying that some day as well...except she'll really be expecting that lap top and if her computer geek dad has anything to do with it...she'll probably have one! anyway, same old same old here, we're suppose to hear about the house any day so i'll let you know. love ya

thewylerfamily said...

That is so funny! Austin just told me he is going to buy daddy a motorcycle.Gotta love our boys!

Unknown said...

Seriously--what a hoot!!! Owen still cracks me up--I am going to miss all his comments this year. Sorry, I haven't emailed you back, I have been away at girl's camp-yay!!! I will email you soon.

Meghan said...

This post made me laugh hysterically! Owen is such a little man- so grown up. Kindergarten is freaking me out too- I'm not looking forward to the unknowns that school will bring. I would really feel much better if I could shadow Paige on her first day! It was great to see you and Stewart. We'll have to do it again the next time we make it to Mesa.