Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cortina Carnival

We went to the school carnival last week and the kids had a blast.
Here is Ethan climbing this huge slide by himself I knew once he got up there he wouldn't come down alone and I wasn't about to go after him so.....
we sent the neighbor girls up for him and he came down with the biggest smile in his face. 4 girls and him should I be worried :)Owen on his bellyOwen and Ethan before the ride and there faces are their personalities to a "T" Owen looks terrified and Ethan is laughing
Yes that is Ethan trying to stand up while the ride is going I am telling you he is CRAZY He stood the whole ride
Owen climbed walls

He rode a Bull
We ate snow cones and kettle corn, soda and hamburgers. We did everything you would normally do at a carnival we even lost our child. Which one? Do you even have to ask. My free spirit wondered off and we couldn't find him for about 15 minutes I was so freaked out and I had just told Stewart that the carnival was every kidnappers dream place. I freaked out, I prayed, I imagined my life with out him, I know that sounds stupid but seriously that is all that kept going through my head and then we found him in the arms of a POLICE OFFICER. I felt like the worst mom on the planet and how embarrassing to tell the officer Yes I am the irresponsible mother. She said that she asked him his name and that she was just about to announce over the speaker that she had a missing child named OWEN. What the heck looks like we need to teach Ethan his name :) I am so glad she is who he chose to go to not some perverted kidnapper. Stewart didn't put him down the rest of the night. We did have a great time and we were glad we went but ever happier we all came home that night.

3 comments:

Muche said...

I saw Steward waiting in line for a ride, I told him he was too big and he must have gotten Owen to replace him, I swear he wanted to ride it though until I caught him ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a blast! I need to try and get into that school! :) Ethan is crazy---his face in all those pics is just priceless. Poor Owen---you know he was going to have a heart attack when he saw Ethan standing up on that ride...it's tough being a big brother.

Summer said...

haha! that is so funny he said the wrong name! maybe he was hoping he wouldn't get in trouble! i know what you mean about imagining life without them. i felt the same way when i couldn't find my grandma today! hahah!