Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dirty 6 Mud Race

My friend Becky called me on Friday afternoon and asked me if I wanted to ran in this race with her then next morning and that she had an extra ticket. I jumped on it, it sounded fun but about half way through I wasn't really sure what I had gotten myself into. It was 6 miles with 9 obstacles through out, some in the mud, some in water, walls to climb, rivers to cross, mountains of dirt to climb some were easy and others difficult but all were fun and were a great laugh. I felt like I was either on the show "Wipe Out" or in a boot camp for troubled teens. We had a really great time. We laughed a lot!! It was overcast that day and boy did I get sun burnt. My shoulders I don't think will ever be the same. They were burnt to a crisp, now they are all gross and blistery. What was I thinking when I put on that dumb tank top? My poor shoulders haven't seen the sun in years. Stewart and Bryce came to the race to take pictures but since we were so speedy or maybe they were just slow we finished before they got there. Sorry not dirty pictures this time. I have had so much fun doing these races I am not no speedy runner but I really enjoy doing it. Who would have thought that running could be so much fun. Thanks Becky for the invite I had a blast.

5 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

You looked just like that voracious looking skank in the photo, as you ran, I am sure of it!

Heiner Happenings said...

Love the picture of the boys together! That race sounds like some good fun!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, the next time that race comes around and you live here we have to do it together! I really wish you would have told me about it so I could have gone out to cheer you on! I'm so proud of you, you little run junky. :)

Gray Family said...

I can't believe you signed up for that! I am sorry about your shoulders, don't think of it as a burn, think of it more as a good start to your summer tan! Next time you do a run like that let me know, I totally want to watch the next one, I'm due for a good laugh! (not that it's funny watching you run, but I like the idea of people trying to run, climb, swing and slide through mud while I sit and eat junk food!)

Muche said...

Becky has some hot and dirty pictures of you on her blog ;))))
You're a beast, girl, I don't think I could do that!!! Way to go, you're my hero