Monday, March 23, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

Have you ever been gone from your house and gotten the dreaded phone call from your Alarm company saying that your house alarm was going off? Well I did today. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a freak about my alarm. I have it set practically 24 hours a day, even when I am home. I cant go to sleep at night without checking and double checking that it is set call me narcotic I will agree I am. This morning Ethan and I left to run some errands and I got a call saying that the alarm was set off because the family room windows had been open. They dispatched police, asked what car I drive, told me not to enter the house and that the Police will approach me. After waiting 45 mins for him to show up (glad no one had me at gun point) he went through the back gate came back whispering saying that the back door was open and was wondering if I could have possible left it open before I left. Obviously that couldn't have been the case since the alarm wouldn't have even set if it was open. He called for back up told me to drive to the end of the street and he stood in my front yard with his gun drawn waiting for his partner in crime. (this is were I wish I would have had my camera what a great picture huh) so they went in guns drawn and all, checked the place out I can only imagine them checking out the house yelling for the invisible criminal to come out with their hands up :) so they came out and said that the back door was open but the screen door was shut and locked, my guess it that Ethan opened the door while I was getting ready today, shut it just enough for the alarm to set and then the wind blew the door open which in turn caused the alarm to go off. I am not sure what it is about Ethan and alarms, Yes he was the one that pulled the fire alarm at church yesterday causing the blinking lights, evacuation and the automated voice telling us not to use the elevator, I didn't even know the church had elevators :) So if you were wondering why the Jones' family was racing out of the church parking lot on 2 wheels yesterday that is why. I swear my little Denise the menace never leaves dull moments for me.
So I must admit that while the Police Men were searching my house I was so happy I have cleaned it over the weekend, but upset that I didn't make my bed before I left today. When they searched the closets they said they had to more stuff around to make sure no one was hiding so to not be alarmed if things look out of place. I think that was their way of nicely telling me "Look Lady you are a pack rat" so I will be cleaning them out as well. How embarrassing.
What a great start to a new week huh. Happy Monday

12 comments:

bekki said...

I love it I'm not sure which story is funnier your house or the church I think I may have to say the church but then you stressing out and texting me that you THINK someone was breaking on your house I'm just going to go with it's a toss up. Everyone needs a Dennis the menace in their family.

The Smith Clan said...

Boys can be so much fun! Two alarms in 24 hours. o my! Yes I agree the picture of the police would have been priceless. Where is your dang camera when you need it?

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Dad says you are going to be getting him out of trouble his entire life. Good luck! He's lucky we love him so much.

Bryn said...

That is such a funny story. I am glad to hear that it was really nothing. I am glad you made a coment on my blog. It has been forever since I have checked yours out. You all look great. Great job on the run!

Taya said...

So funny!!! I'm sure you can look back at the church thing and laugh some day right??? I wish I was there!!!

Church Fam said...

that cracked me up, I was wondering who's kid pulled the alarm at church. :)

Muche said...

The one day we don't go to church and we could have just been bailed out anyway! And BTW, you could have come in my house instead of leaking oil all over my driveway...just kidding, I didn't even know you were there!
PS: don't forget to tell about calling the Sherif on your doggie neighbor too! Melanie has the department on speed dial!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

WHY the CRAP do I have to miss the important Sundays! I am sorry about all that! What a story!

Anonymous said...

Scary! My favorite part of that story was the part where the police man was scared. Seriously!

I was wondering who set that alarm at church off. How funny that it was Ethan! I love that kid. I love him even more since he's your kid and you have to deal with his shenanigans. I get to just hear about them and laugh my head off! :)

Jen & Blake said...

Oh I love this story too! Never heard of anyone who has experienced the church fire alarm...glad to know it works:)

Kristen said...

HEY MEL,
How are you these days? I wished we lived closer, I would really like to see you.

Shauna said...

holy cow, update your blog already, what the smoky are you up to out there?!?!?! love ya