Friday, January 9, 2009

Stewart's Surgery

Stewart had knee surgery on Friday. It was long over due and he was excited to get it done. Back in June he hurt his knee playing church softball. I don't know what it is about church ball but I swear more people get hurt then not. I think the problem is these men get out on the field don't stretch or warm up, revert to there teenage years, get all competitive and forget they are not in their 20's anymore. Sorry babe but your getting older and your body doesn't move as fast as it once did. All I have to say is I hope that game was worth all the pain.
Doesn't he look hot in his shower cap and knee high stocking
The surgery went well the Doctor did a great job. The surgery usually takes about 20 mins. Stewart's took about 1 1/2 hrs. The doctor said he had such a big knee that his tools were almost too short and that he played joint mice that's what took so long. Joint mice? Its when part of the Cartlidge that he had just cut off gets loose in his leg, he says it is as hard to catch as it is to catch a mouse. The mouse was caught and we are happy its over.
After the surgery we dropped of his prescription for his percocet at Walgreen's they told me that they were out of it and so was all the surrounding Walgreen's, so I took it took Osco, went home put Stewart to bed,feed, bathed and put the kids to bed and went back up to get the pain meds at 8:15 to my surprise they close at 8:00 I about died. The doctor told us to not go with out his pain medicine and now they were closed until 9:00 am the next morning. I stressed for about an housr and then the local pharmacy pals came to my rescue. A special thanks to Bekki for her Vicidon and Jenni's Percocet we were saved!! I love my drug dealer friends :)
Yesterday Stewart was stir crazy and wanted to get out of the house so we decided to go to Walmart. Now remember he has on knee high panty hose (compression socks), and shorts and he was driving the automated wheelchair. The kids had a blast but honesty I think Stewart had more fun cruising around, he says everyone should have the chance to ride one.

He has crutches at home and the boys are enjoying them as well.
Here's our little monkey boy
And Owen
Stewart had to stop eating at midnight the night of the surgery and man oh man was he a bit grumpy without his morning Mt. Dew. He couldn't wait to get home to have one
Overall it as been great. He has been a great patient panty hose and all and Owen has been such a big helper. I am glad it is over and I am sure he is too. Thanks to all the phone call, text messages, drugs and to my mom for watching Ethan we couldn't have done it without the help. We love you all.

15 comments:

Gpa and Gma Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gpa and Gma Adams said...

Stewart looks like fun..... by the way "I Love You too".

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Oh my goodness! He is so cute in his shower cap. I have been the biggest weirdo the last 3 weeks, and have been really sick. I feel bad for not being in the loop with and knowing about his surgery! I do love how Sewart is too long for his hospital bed. That little thing appears to be very comfortable for him. ha!

I am glad that surgery was able to help him feel better! And for future notice, you can add me to the list of friends with extra narchotics.. just in case.

bekki said...

Stewart does look good in his shower cap. I did have fun coming over there at laughing at him I mean with him.
No problem on the drugs but don't tell everyone I don't want others thinking I'm going to share.

Good luck on the mend to recovery Stewart

Anonymous said...

Poor guy! Good thing he has such a a terrific family to take care of him. How awful would it be if he had a wife that went out on the town and to movies and stuff and left him home to take care of the kids! :)

Jen & Blake said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well! Amen to all the men church sports and their injuries. Loved catching up reading all your previous post. I love reading your blog, I can hear your voice saying it as I read:) And who would have guessed skinny shoes! Glad you have an easy pleaser, our request changed EVERY time we saw santa!

Lynsey said...

wow, what a fashion statement he is making:)
Im glad the surgery went well thanks to Uncle R!! Nice pictures going through walmart, I can only imagine the looks you were getting:)

Heiner Happenings said...

Hilarious!! You gotta love a man whose 6'7 riding around a store in a "Little Rascal" and wearing panty hose!!!Lol!

The Smith Clan said...

Ok, Stewart I am starting to feel your pain with regards to not having your "morning Mt. Dew". I have to have the same restriction to follow on the 29th. before surgery. My "morning Diet Coke" is going to be a problem:(

Shauna said...

poor stewart, must suck to get to lay around, get taken care of, bathed AND too ride the little scooter thing at the grocery store...can i get surgery on something please. j/k tell him to hurry and get better. take care. love ya

thewylerfamily said...

Dang Mel, Do you guys need ANYTHING? I am happy the surgery went well. Stewart is such a fun dad.

Tina said...

Great pics! And Stewart, love the ride at Walmart...that is laugh out loud funny! Actually, no joke...it looked like fun!

Amber said...

Those are some sexy panty hose. I need to get Thad some :-)
I'm glad Stewart's feeling better. It is not fun having a husband out of commission :-)

Shauna said...

mel, i emailed you but it came back to me, did you change your address. anwyay, call me on my home phone 304-260-5805...my phone fell in the toilet and i don't have your number...true story. seriously happened the night i called you and said i'd call back. figures. love ya

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Mel, Knee surgery SUCKS donkey kong. I have had both of my knees done and it is a living hell. I feel bad for Stewart but has he taken it like a man or has he milked it and been a huge baby? Im sure he was great he sure looks like it didnt slow him down. Oh by the way you get your hair to curl is using an iron that is an inch and a fourth wide and make sure it gets HOT I get my irons at sallys beauty supply cause they have always worked great and they are cheap, anyway you clap down very softly in the middle of you hair so you dont get a mark from the iron and then you roll the iron to the scalp so your ends are hanging out and the middle of your hair shaft gets hot before your ends do. Hopefully that got the job done, if not I can post some photos for you. I really like your hair short. Its dang cute. Candi