Saturday, November 14, 2009

I am Back!!!

It has been a very long time since I have updated my blog, but this is something I know that I need and want to remember. Bare with me it could be long.
As many people know Stewart's dad was diagnosed with leukemia a little over a year ago. It was an up and down battle. Everyone was very hopeful and he was determined to beat it. Unfortunately there was another plan for him. Kent passed away on the morning of November 7, 2009 in his home with his wonderful wife and family. Kent returned home and was welcomed by his son Ralph who passed away 16 yrs. ago, I can only imagine that reunion. Kent was a great man, I have always loved Kent and his example to me. More importantly I am grateful to him for raising such a wonderful son I am blessed to call my husband. While we all knew he was sick his death came upon us quickly. It was only 2 weeks ago that he sat and played with my boys, laughed and teased his kids and sat and talked with us. When he was under Hospice care we knew the end was near. We spent many days down at his home, allowing our children to be around their grandpa. My boys love their Grandpa Jones. It was a very bitter sweet time for me and my family. I hated to see him suffering and not communicating with us but I didn't want to lose him. I loved the mood that was in his home. Everyone came together and cared for this dear man and his wife. I went on Thurs with the family to dress their father and I was amazed by the love his boys have for him. The way they carefully dressed him and spent there last moments with him will be unforgettable. There was many family members who traveled far distances to come and spend his last days with him. I have truly grown to love Kent and Jayne more in one week then I have over the past 7 years, not that I didn't love them before but it is a new love. I saw the love that Jayne and Kent have for each other and their family. It really allowed me to open my eyes and find the true meaning of life. Although our lives have been tough the last year I feel very blessed to have a wonderful husband, 2 darling boys, and our health. I feel blessed to have been apart of Kent's life and a part of his funeral arrangements. Stewart, his uncle Lowell and some some help from his other brothers made Kent's casket and the interior was done by his wife and daughter with some help from me and Chantal. What an experience that was for us, long late nights but well worth it. Kent loved construction he loved building things ,what an honor it is that he was laid to rest in a casket made by his children and wife. I am walking away from this experience a better person. I cant wait for the day I can see Kent again throw my arms around his neck and thank him for loving me and my family in spite of our differences and imperfections. I want to tell him what a great father and grandfather he was to Stewart and my boys. He is missed and will be missed everyday until we see him again.
Here are some pictures of his funeral:


Kent I love you and I feel honored to be apart of your family.
I promise to take care of the Love of your Life Jayne.

9 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

The funeral yesterday was very nice. They did an AMAZING job on the casket. It was obvious by the people that spoke and the many people that were there that he truly has left a legacy behind. Love Ya!

Muche said...

I had tears in my eyes, looking at the picture of Ethan by the site...then saw him acting like the monkey we know and love...and it reminded me that life goes on, that his grandpa is smiling up there, loving the way little kids just move on, laugh and smile two seconds after a tumble. So be as a little child, smile and laugh to make Kent happy. We love you guys.

Gpa and Gma Adams said...

It was a beautiful Day. It was perfect. The way he would have wanted it. So many kind words spoke. So many lessons learned. He was on of the Humble Simple Men of God. We know where he is. We love your Family.

Jenni said...

So true what Murielle said. You all looked beautiful and happy to know that he wasn't suffering anymore but in a better place. What a beautiful casket. I love your family too!

bekki said...

Oh Mel what a beautiful day. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing this special moment. You are a strong and amazing person and it is what Murielle said life does go on. I'm sure your boys will remember their Grandpa from all the memories you and Stewart have for them.
You guys are in our prayers

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Oh Stewart. I can't stand seeing those pictures of him, carrying his Dad. His face is so pained. I know it was an honor for him to do that. But it is just so sad! I am so happy that he got to be reunited with his son. Amazing. I hope that you are able to feel peace right now. And when things slow down, and the holidays are here, I hope your family feels united, and loved.

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

So sweet! You just had to make us cry didn't you?! That was the perfect tribute Melanie...how beautifully written. And what an amazing job Stewart did on that casket! I can't believe it!!!!!

Shauna said...

Mel and Stewart, i'm so sorry for your loss, i had no idea. i'm glad that you come away with good feelings and more love. i felt the same way when my grandfather passed away, it left me with only peaceful feelings, and a greater understanding of the plan of salvation than i had ever had before.
hang in there. please let Stewart know that we're thinking of him and sorry for his loss. there could be nothing worse than losing a parent. love you both. shauna

Summer said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry. I hope you guys can find peace in your hearts during this difficult time.